Join Linda Aksomitis & David Aksomitis as they find adventures around the world--whether the destinations are off the beaten path or on it, you'll always find sustainable travel adventures with a twist of history. Discover your next adventure in our blog articles, #TriviaTuesday posts, infographics, videos, and more at guide2travel.
Find an attraction!
- Sukanen Ship Museum: Uncovering Saskatchewan’s SecretsAbandoning a wife and children to walk a thousand kilometers (600 miles) from Minnesota to […]
- Discover the Appalachian Trail and Appalachian MountainsMy hike on the Appalachian Trail was just long enough to get a feel for the incredibly rugged and […]
- 9 Things You Must See in Albany, GeorgiaAt a population of around just 75,000, Albany, Georgia, is a small city—however, there’s a […]
- Hikes and Walking Trails in Lake of the Ozarks State ParkRain pounding down on dolomite rocks has created some pretty amazing geological features at Lake of […]
- It’s Maple Syrup Time at a Sugar Shack–Friday Feature PhotosMaple syrup is as Canadian as the maple leaf on our flag–in fact, they’re two of the […]
Find an adventure!
- 5 Surprising Things You Didn’t Know About the Ohio River and McAlpine Locks & DamShot, stripped of his clothes and jewels, the first explorer of the Ohio River died a rather […]
- Snowmobile the Trek Over the Topby Linda Aksomitis I’m not a mountain person. I’m not even really a hill person. […]
- Best Attractions of 2014Gilbert K. Chesterton said, “The traveler sees what he sees; the tourist sees what he has […]
- Painted Hills to Lava Rock to the Oregon Coast Highway — Road TripSome days on a road trip are so spectacular they stand out forever. This was one of those days. Day […]
- Golden Landscapes to Chemical Bunkers to Backroads — Road TripSome days on a road trip are mostly about the road. Day 3 was one of those! Day 3: Montana to […]