Linda & David Aksomitis bring you travel adventures with a twist of history in blog articles, Fun Monday Quizzes, infographics, videos, and more at guide2travel.
Join us off-the-beaten-path by clicking on an attraction or adventure!
FREE E-Book Short Story Giveaway
Just click below to download a FREE copy of Linda's short story, Tales of a Traveling Saleslady: The Storm, in PDF format. It's based on Linda's experiences as a traveling saleslady during the '80s, which inspired her to pursue a career as a travel writer.
Find an attraction!
- Mayan Zipline, Rappelling & More in MexicoPeering over the edge of an overlook was hard–dropping off one was even […]
- Quebec by Dog Sled“Yip, yip, yip!” barked the dogs, anxious to be running. I couldn’t tell why we […]
- Paul Bunyan, Snowmobiles, a Giant Chainsaw & More in Wisconsin #TriviaTuesdayThere are lots of surprises hiding between the trees in the Wisconsin Northwoods. In fact, one of […]
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center–Nature Trail Hike–Friday Feature PhotosVirginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center in Virginia Beach, Virginia, provides an in-depth look […]
- Visit the Historic Round Stone Barn — Indian Head, SK — Bell BarnThe big, round stone Bell Barn has stood outside the town of Indian Head for 130+ years, weathering […]
Find an adventure!
- Adventures with Don Hall’s Guesthouse Hotel in Fort Wayne, Indiana–Looking for Fall FoliageWe’ve driven “around” Chicago a number of times, but never continued on to […]
- A Tour of Boston Harbor With the Super Duck Tour–Friday Feature PhotosWhat’s Boston Harbor most well known for? The Boston tea party of course! That […]
- Klondike Spirit Paddlewheeler — Boating Up the Yukon RiverTwo great wheels, one on either side of the paddlewheeler, ploughed through the water, scooping and […]
- Adventure Travel — Kayak with Seals on the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec, CanadaThe young seal bobbed in the water like those appendage-less Little People bathtub toys my kids had […]
- 5 Great Holidays in the WinterSome people hide indoors in the winter, or take a winter holiday to a tropical spot. Not us! We […]