Linda & David Aksomitis bring you travel adventures with a twist of history in blog articles, Fun Monday Quizzes, infographics, videos, and more at guide2travel.
Join us off-the-beaten-path by clicking on an attraction or adventure!
FREE E-Book Short Story Giveaway
Just click below to download a FREE copy of Linda's short story, Tales of a Traveling Saleslady: The Storm, in PDF format. It's based on Linda's experiences as a traveling saleslady during the '80s, which inspired her to pursue a career as a travel writer.
Find an attraction!
- Black Hills, South Dakota–9 Best Attractions and Places to Visit in the BadlandsOnce you’ve visited the Black Hills of South Dakota the first time, you’ll probably put […]
- Louisiana Alligators: In the Wild, at the Farm, and on the TableFinding alligators in Louisiana in February can be difficult even on a day hitting 60 degrees, the […]
- 5 Great Holidays in the WinterSome people hide indoors in the winter, or take a winter holiday to a tropical spot. Not us! We […]
- Visit a Museum–Most Interesting Machine Museums in America–Best of 2013 Part 2Museums have been around for centuries–in fact, the word museum was first used in ancient […]
- Helen, GA–A Treasure in the Blue Ridge MountainsThe Chattahoochee River wanders for more than 400 miles through many places in Florida, Georgia and […]
Find an adventure!
- Snowmobiling Gaspe, QuebecIn the summer it was a road–now, snow nearly covered the bright red guardrail designed to […]
- Adventure Travel — Kayak with Seals on the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec, CanadaThe young seal bobbed in the water like those appendage-less Little People bathtub toys my kids had […]
- Visit Philadelphia and the Battleship New JerseySearching for the brightest fall foliage colors has led us in many interesting directions this […]
- Hampton, Virginia–One of the Best Holiday Destinations for Boat & Ship LoversAhead, the highway seemed to disappear right into the ocean as Interstate 64 dropped into the […]
- Autumn Arrives in Niagara Falls–Niagara, New York–Photo TourI’ve never visited Niagara Falls before–and really, it wasn’t even on my list of […]