Find the stories behind travel destinations at guide2travel.ca, where Linda & David Aksomitis bring you a travel blog on history with a twist of adventure. Make off-the-beaten path travel discoveries with historical tourism and heritage tourism, as well as finding places on the National Register of Historical Places, All-American Roads, UNESCO sites around the world, historic towns, and more.
Linda's 2016 Speaking Engagements
Find an attraction!
- Whitewater Rafting in MaineA wave washed over the raft, sweeping me up as easily as if I'd been a piece of driftwood. […]
- A Taste of New Orleans: Can you identify this sweet treat?When it comes to things to see and do in New Orleans, Louisiana, visitors often also add […]
- Hampton, Virginia–One of the Best Holiday Destinations for Boat & Ship LoversAhead, the highway seemed to disappear right into the ocean as Interstate 64 dropped into the […]
- Old Faithful on Ice – Yellowstone National Park in WinterWhite fluffy clouds poured out of Old Faithful almost as if some giant below ground was […]
- Discover the Cherry Margarita at Fred & Fuzzy’s Waterfront GrillYou don't have to find a Margaritaville--on the east coast or the west coast--to find a place […]
Find an adventure!
- Walleye Fishing with Lake Diefenbaker Fishing Charters–Fish SaskatchewanThe best tasting walleye is one you've caught yourself--from casting off right through to […]
- 5 Great Holidays in the WinterSome people hide indoors in the winter, or take a winter holiday to a tropical spot. Not us! We […]
- Zipline Over Fitzsimmons Creek – Jumping off Whistler Mountain in BCIt's hard to breathe when you're perched on a rock face 20 stories above Fitzsimmons Creek--the […]
- Lewis & Clark Riverboat–the Last Riverboat on the Upper MissouriThere’s one sure thing that’s guaranteed to bring generations together—and that’s exploring […]
- Best Attractions of 2014Gilbert K. Chesterton said, "The traveler sees what he sees; the tourist sees what he has come […]