Linda & David Aksomitis bring you travel adventures with a twist of history in blog articles, Fun Monday Quizzes, infographics, videos, and more at guide2travel.
Join us off-the-beaten-path by clicking on an attraction or adventure!
FREE E-Book Short Story Giveaway
Just click below to download a FREE copy of Linda's short story, Tales of a Traveling Saleslady: The Storm, in PDF format. It's based on Linda's experiences as a traveling saleslady during the '80s, which inspired her to pursue a career as a travel writer.
Find an attraction!
- 5 Off-the-Beaten-Path Destinations to See Fall LeavesEmily Bronte wrote, “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn.” And […]
- Things to do in the Wisconsin Northwoods–Watch a Lumberjack“Yo ho,” yelled the lumberjack, rolling the sound out like an echo vibrating through a […]
- Glaciers of KluaneThe single engine of our super skywagon hummed evenly–its rhythm much smoother than my […]
- Interview with Old Map Man, London Explorer ExtraordinaireArticle reblogged from QuirkyTravel Ken Titmuss, aka Old Map Man of London Trails specialises in […]
- 10 Things To Do in Southern Saskatchewan in the SummerJuly is one of the best months to visit Saskatchewan! Our daytime temperature averages 25 or 26 […]
Find an adventure!
- Sailing Amisk Lake — One of Saskatchewan’s 100,000 Lakes — Friday Feature PhotosMost people don’t know that Saskatchewan has 100,000 lakes–instead, we have a […]
- Adventure Travel — Kayak with Seals on the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec, CanadaThe young seal bobbed in the water like those appendage-less Little People bathtub toys my kids had […]
- Snowmobiling Gaspe, QuebecIn the summer it was a road–now, snow nearly covered the bright red guardrail designed to […]
- Plan Your Ski Trip to Whistler–North America’s #1 Ski ResortIt’s official–winter has arrived in Western Canada! That means it’s time for fun […]
- Houseboating on Lake Cumberland in KentuckyThere’s a kind of magic to waking up surrounded by swirling mists that only a houseboater can […]